Along with the rest of the country, we here at Clinical Pediatric Associates are monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We know this is a rapidly evolving situation, and we are regularly monitoring updates and developments around COVID-19. We are following guidelines from the CDC and local recommendations from Dallas County Health Department. We are taking the proper precautions to reduce the risk of spread in our office as well as the community. We have implemented increased cleaning as well as schedule changes to help limit exposure to our patients and staff. We ask that you are flexible with our scheduling protocol in order to reduce risk.
From the information we have regarding the illness of COVID-19, children are not as affected by the virus and those children who do contract the virus typically have a mild illness. Please visit the following websites from both the AAP and CDC for details regarding the illness in children:
At this time, we do NOT have testing capabilities in our office. We will continue to stay up to date on the evolving testing capabilities thru our local health department.
To help keep your kids healthy, please follow these general guidelines:
1. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
2. Cover your cough with a tissue or elbow, then throw the tissue in the trash.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
4. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
5. Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
6. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use and alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
If your child develops a fever (100.4 or higher) AND cough and/or difficulty breathing, you MUST call ahead before visiting the office. If you have these symptoms, we ask that you stay in your car and notify us when you arrive for your appointment. We will then notify you when an exam room is available. If you have a mask available at home, please place it on your child prior to your arrival as these supplies are limited.
We are here for you and your family throughout this outbreak. Please don't hesitate to call with questions or concerns and remember to wash your hands!